Look how we've grown!
Horner Millwork was established in 1948 by William Horner and purchased by the Humphrey family in 1980. Since then the company has grown to become one of the largest millwork suppliers in New England. Much of the growth has come through expansions, acquisitions, and adding custom manufacturing. See Horner's time line below.
- 1948 - Horner Millwork is established by William Horner.
- 1978 - A devastating fire occurs and Horner is burnt to the ground.
- 1979 - Rebuilt one year after the fire.
- 1980 - Purchased by the Humphrey family.
- 1981 - Horner expands into commercial sales.
- 1988 - First satellite sales office and showroom opens in Southboro, MA, expanding into central and northern Massachusetts.
- 1991 - Horner acquires Cooper Stairworks expanding into preassembled stairs. Horner aquires Phoenix Millwork of Fall River further expanding our sales staff.
- 1994 - Horner opens "Bargains-Closeouts" in Fall River, MA, known today as Remodelers Outlet.
- 1995 - Second satellite sales office and showroom opens in Pembroke, MA serving the South Shore area of Massachusetts.
- 1996 - A 30,000 sq. ft. addition is added to existing production facility taking on full custom millwork capabilities.
- 1998 - The Architectural Services Group is formed to specialize in servicing the needs of the architectural community.
- 2000 - Horner acquires South Florida Millwork in Naples, FL, and enters into a joint venture with HomeSouth Architectural in Savannah, GA.
- 2001 - Design Door Co. is added to our Commercial Sales Group further expanding our presence in metro Boston and Northern Massachusetts.
- 2002 - A 40,000 sq. ft. addition is added to Horner's production facility increasing it to 215,000 total sq .ft.
- 2003 - The original Design Door Co. located in Medford moves to a new showroom and sales office in Woburn, MA.
- 2008 - A new facility opened in Ft. Myers for the new home of Horner South Florida Millwork.
- 2011 - Relocates Horner Commercial Sales office to a smaller location in Woburn.
- 2012 - Acquires Home Genius, a Swansea, MA based company.
- 2012 - Parent company of Horner Millwork, North Atlantic Corp, becomes a Phantom Screens distributor for MA and RI. Horner Millwork as a dealer.
- 2013 - Horner expands product line with Antique Impressions hardwood flooring.