Masonite unveiled the new Livingston door at the International Builders Show in January and it was a showstopper, recognized by BIMsmith as ‘Best of IBS 2019’. The Livingston door has traditional elements and a unique profile that is versatile enough to fit in with a range of design styles. Horner stocks the Livingston in Smooth 6’8; Hollow Core and Solid Core as well as 1-3/4″ & 20 min fire rated. See all our interior stock doors here.
Now Stocking Concealed Magnetic Catches
Jessica Bruno, our favorite DIY blogger at Four Generations One Roof, documented her closet door installation including our new stock hardware: concealed magnetic catches. Traditional roller ball catches used on double doors are noisy and require a strike plate that sticks out when the doors are shut. Magnetic catches provide a quiet catch system (especially useful in shared bedrooms) that are pre-installed with your door.
– No latch noise when opening and shutting door (unlike a roller/ball catch)
– Completely concealed when door closed, no unsightly protruding strike plate lip.
– Self adhesive/magnetic cover plate protects magnets from impact damage during installation and from corrosion.
– Can be used anywhere a roller/ball catch etc. would normally be fitted.
– Prepped in our door shop for quick and easy field installation – No chiseling required. Ezifit steel housing cup automatically sets the magnets perfectly parallel to each other, essential for precise adjustment.
– Power adjustment packers increase magnetic holding strength by inserting power adjustment packers (inside housing, under magnet) as required.