MARCH 30, 2020 UPDATE
A Message from Peter Humphrey:
To Our Valued Customers;
This notice is to you inform you that we have had two employees in our Architectural Products Manufacturing area test positive for COVID-19. They have been away from our workplace since Tuesday, March 24th. They received their test results late Sunday, March 29th. As a precaution, we closed our entire manufacturing facility on Monday, March 30th (except for some deliveries). We are in the process of hiring a professional cleaning company to thoroughly clean and disinfect our APD manufacturing area and have approved this approach with the Somerset Board of Health.
With these steps in progress we will:
- Open for business on Tuesday, March 31st in our traditional manufacturing areas of our plant which includes all distribution and assembly operations for 1-3/8 and 1-3/4 interior doors, exterior wood, steel and fiberglass doors, hollow metal and commercial products, windows, cabinets and trim.
- Open for receiving and shipping
- Our Architectural Products Manufacturing and Fortress Prefinishing Production areas will remain closed and will reopen on Monday, April 6th. This area of the plant includes all custom mouldings, Captiva Wood Doors, Cooper stairs, stair parts and our Fortress Prefinish operation.
- We will limit our production capacity for this week and into next week as we expect that we will have several absences. Our sales reps will communicate with you on your orders.
- All sales and office functions will remain open. We continue to encourage employees to work from home, while being available to our customers at their normal phone numbers.
Stay well and be safe.
MARCH 30, 2020 UPDATE
The Homebuilders and Remodelers Association of MA created this signage of COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures that you can post at construction sites.
MARCH 26, 2020 UPDATE
Governor Issues Order Stating Municipalities Can Not Ban Construction
Governor Baker issued an Order stating all construction projects are ‘to continue operations during the state of emergency, but to do so with allowance for social distancing protocols consistent with guidance provided from the Department of Public Health.’ Cities and towns may not impose a ban on construction and may not order work to cease on existing projects. Such actions are in violation of the Emergency Order. View the Order and Health Guidelines here.
MARCH 25, 2020 UPDATE
Changes to deliveries:
- We will conduct “tailgate deliveries” where our drives bring the material to the back of the truck. Our expectation is the customer removes the material from the lift on the back of the truck.
- In cases where a lull is being used, we will load up the lull with the material from the back of the truck
- If the customer wants to remove the material from the back of the truck, we will perform a tailgate delivery
- If the customer does not want to remove the material from the back of the truck, we ask that all subs on site allow for 6 feet of distance for our delivery staff as they walk through the site
MARCH 13, 2020
Throughout the US and the world, leaders are taking measures to eliminate the spreading of the coronavirus. As a local business we are taking measures at all Horner Millwork / Horner Commercial Sales location to ensure proper safety measures while we remain open for business.
We have instructed our employees to:
- Stay home from work if they are sick, have a known health risk, have been exposed to anyone recently diagnosed with the coronavirus or are generally concerned about their health.
- Work from home if they are able to, to care for children who are now out of school or day care.
- Limit personal touch and handshakes.
- Cough and sneeze into their elbow / sleeve when necessary.
- Wash hands thoroughly in warm, soapy water.
- Wash down their work areas on a daily basis.
- We have put an indefinite hold on all company meetings.
- We have postponed any vendor visits or training until further notice.
- We are working with all suppliers to assure access to all materials needed to build products for our customers.
In our showrooms and public areas:
- We are cleaning and disinfecting displays, counters, etc.
- Providing customers with hand sanitizer
We know that many job sites, especially those with smaller crews, will continue to operate. We respect our customers’ wishes to not have our sales reps on job sites or in offices. We are also aware that many homeowners are using this time to work on home projects and we want to reassure our customers that we are here to help in any way we can. In today’s world so much can be done via email or by phone. Our trucks will continue to make job site deliveries unless requested not to.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, please call or email your sales rep or call 800-543-5403. Thank you for your continued support as we all manage through this uncertain time together.